I absolutely love making lettuce wraps when I am craving something refreshing but needs something more substantial than a salad. I like to think about these lettuce wraps as tacos for a hot day. These smoked apple and sage lettuce wraps give you that fresh outer crunch, sweet and savory filling with a spicy and tangy sauce. Trust me when I say you will want to make extra…they will go fast.
This recipe is the perfect share plate for a date, group gathering, picnic, or a great way to meal prep for the week. Keep your filling and head of lettuce in the fridge for quick and easy lunches.
Smoked Apple & Sage Lettuce Wraps
- 3-4 Field Roast Smoked Apple & Sage Sausages
- 1 Head Ice burg Lettuce
- ¼ cup Shredded Carrot
- ¼ cup Shredded Apple
- ¼ cup Shredded Celery Root
- 3 tbsp Roasted Peanuts
- ⅛ cup Green Onion
- 3 TBS San J Tamari Soy Sauce
- 3 TBSP Thai Kitchen Sweet Red Chili Sauce
- 1 TBSP Fresh ginger
- 2 TBS Sesame oil
- 1 TBS Rice vinegar
- 1 TBS Earth Balance peanut butter coconut spread
- 1 TBS Maple syrup
- Frying Pan
- Prepare the sauce by adding all sauce ingredients to a bowl. Set aside
- Shred the carrot, apple, and celery root. Mix together in a small bowl. Set aside
- Cut up the sausage into small pieces
- Heat some sesame oil cooking oil in a frying pan
- Saute the sausage in a frying pan from 5-8 minutes until cooked
- Assemble the wraps by taking 1 piece of lettuce, a scoop of sausage, a scoop of shredded salad and top with sauce, chopped roasted peanuts, and a sprinkle of green onions.