For some reason, every time I go to a bakery or coffee shop and they have rocky road bars for sale, I have to get one. There is something so dreamy about biting into a chocolaty peanut butter fudge packed with soft marshmallows. So, I decided to make some rocky road fudge and make it vegan.
It may come to you as a surprise, but marshmallows are not vegan! For this recipe, I used the Dandies vanilla-flavored mini vegan marshmallows. They are just as pillowy-soft and sweet as the real thing! I wanted to make this vegan rocky road fudge recipe super easy so anyone can enjoy this super creamy and chocolatey fudge. I like using this to make a vegan rocky road ice cream sundae or a simple evening dessert.
Vegan Rocky Road Fudge
– 1 bag Dandies Vegan Marshmallows Mini Vanilla Flavored
– 1 cup Earth Balance: Creamy Coconut & Peanut Spread
– 1 bar Alter Eco Sea Salt Bar
– 1/2 cup Nutiva Coconut Oil
– Optional Chopped Roasted Peanuts (I decided to opt-out in the video)
1 Large Bowl
1 pot & glass bowl to create a double boiler
8 x 8 pan
- Start a double boiler on the stove with a pot and glass bowl.
- Break up the chocolate bar.
- Measure out 1/2 cup of coconut oil.
- Add chocolate and coconut oil to the glass bowl inside the pot. Make sure no water gets in.
- Measure out 1 cup of creamy coconut and peanut spread.
- Add the peanut spread to the coconut oil and chocolate once it has melted. You simply want to warm the peanut spread.
- Once the peanut spread is warm, transfer the liquid to a large bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Once the mixture is smooth and slightly cooled, add the bag of vegan marshmallows.
- Transfer the mixture to an 8×8 pan and cool in the freezer or fridge.
- Cut up the vegan fudge bar into squares and enjoy