It’s a classic, so we had to make it vegan. Whipped buttery potatoes with a rich ground “beef” filling. You honestly can’t go wrong with vegan shepherd’s pie. We are so blown away by Beyond Ground Meat and this recipe does not disappoint if you can stop thinking about your grandma’s shepherd’s pie. Did we mention, it’s extremely easy to make?
Vegan Shepherds Pie
- 4 Russet Potatoes
- ¼ cup Not Milk: Whole Milk
- 1 Tbsp Earth Balance Organic Whipped Buttery Spread
- 1 Package Beyond Ground Meat
- 1 Package of frozen peas, carrots & corn
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Broth Seasoning
- Medium pot
- Baking Dish
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Salt and boil a pot of water
- Peel & cube potatoes. Boil for 10-12 minutes
- Drain and set aside the potatoes.
- In a skillet heat some cooking oil and add your package of Beyond Ground Meat
- Cook for 5-8 minutes, breaking the meat up as you go/
- Add the frozen peas, carrots, and corn. Cook for 4 minutes
- Add 1 tbsp or 1 cube veggie broth concentrate and ¼ cup water to thin. Cook for 5 minutes on low/medium heat.
- While the meat mixture cooks on low, add your cooled potatoes to a bowl. Use a potato masher to mash
- Add not milk, and earth balance whipped buttery spread to the mashed potatoes and whip up.
- Transfer the meat mixture to a baking dish and top with the mashed potato mixture.
- Drag a fork through the potatoes to create texture to ensure a crispier potato top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the potato is brown and crispy.
- Serve and Enjoy!