Effective as of October 6, 2021
Welcome to Vejii’s internal website for vendors, where you can obtain information to assist with managing your relationship with Vejii Holdings Inc., and its affiliates (each and collectively, “Vejii”, “we”, “us” or “our”). Any person or entity (“Vendor”, “you” or “your”) who wants to supply Products (as defined in Section 1) to Vejii or access or use this website must accept these Vendor Terms and Conditions (“Agreement”) without change. BY REGISTERING FOR OR OTHERWISE USING THIS WEBSITE, YOU (1) ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF AND THE ENTITY THAT YOU REPRESENT, AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE; AND (2) REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE EXPRESSLY AUTHORIZED TO BIND VENDOR TO THIS AGREEMENT.
- Purchase Orders and Pricing: This Agreement governs our purchase of Products from you. “Products” means all goods provided to Vejii directly or directly to our customers, including their packaging. Each Vendor will be provided with its own portal (the “Vendor Portal”) on the Vejii Vendor Website which will contain customer orders for your Products (“Direct PO”). You shall fulfill all customer orders set forth in your Vendor Portal using Direct Fulfillment Services in a timely manner. Customer orders through Vejii Express will be subject to separate terms and conditions otherwise set forth in the Vendor Portal (“Consignment Orders”, and together with Direct POs, “POs”). You will not substitute Products or combine or consolidate POs without our consent. Terms specified in PO confirmations or other communications sent by you to us are not binding unless agreed to in writing by both parties. Documents that we sign acknowledging receipt of Products do not constitute acceptance of the Products. We may modify or cancel POs without penalty before you deliver Products to the carrier. The PO provides Product prices and payment terms and may include discounts or rebates. Purchasing terms, coop, allowances, discounts, rebates or other funding, to the extent not reflected in the PO, will be set forth in Program Policies or separate agreements (“Additional Terms”), each of which is incorporated into this Agreement. Prices include any commissions and other charges, unless otherwise noted.
- Direct Fulfillment.
- You will provide packing and shipping fulfillment services, as described in this Schedule (“Direct Fulfillment Services”) for Product purchases pursuant to a Direct PO (“Direct Fulfillment Products”). The provisions of this Section will control over any inconsistent provision of this Agreement with respect to Direct Fulfillment Products. Our customers are not, by virtue of this Section or the rest of this Agreement, your customers. You will not handle or address any contacts with any of our customers, and, if contacted by any of our customers, you will state that those customers must follow contact directions on the web site on which the purchase was made to address customer service issues; provided that this Section will not restrict you with respect to people or entities who are our customers but contact you for matters unrelated to us or in connection with a Direct PO. Your compensation for the purchase of the Direct Fulfillment Products and for the performance of the Direct Fulfillment Services (including without limitation all labor, materials, costs, and expenses of the Direct Fulfillment Services) is included in the price invoiced for the related Product(s), less the commissions, fees or payments to us as set forth on the Vejii website, and you will not be entitled to, and we will not pay, any other fees, costs, expenses, charges, surcharges, taxes, tariffs or other compensation or reimbursement in connection with the Direct Fulfillment Services. You represent, warrant, and covenant that you will comply with all laws, regulations and rules relating to the Direct Fulfillment Services. We may from time to time give volume and other projections to you, but such projections are speculative only and will not give rise to liability for us. We do not make any representation, warranty, or promise as to the amount of business or Direct POs you can expect at any time under this Agreement, and we will not be liable for any actions you undertake based on your expectations.
- We will provide you with a resale exemption certificate, either with respect to the Multi-State Tax Commission or to any other jurisdiction we deem appropriate in our sole discretion, with respect to any purchases of Direct Fulfillment Products. You accept such resale exemption certificates with respect to Direct Fulfillment Products and Direct Fulfillment Services and will not charge to (or seek reimbursement from) us any sales, use or similar taxes (“Sales Taxes”), add separate line items on invoices for any Sales Taxes, or add any statement to the invoices stating that the Direct Fulfillment Product or Direct Fulfillment Service prices include Sales Taxes. You will be solely liable for, and will indemnify and hold us harmless against, any and all Sales Taxes assessed or claimed upon the sale or provision of any Direct Fulfillment Products or Direct Fulfillment Services under this Agreement and against all interest, penalties, costs, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) related to such Sales Taxes. Each of the parties will use commercially reasonable efforts (at its own expense) to cooperate and provide assistance to each other with respect to any potential state or local Sales Tax audit in connection with the Direct Fulfillment Services; provided that no party will be required to provide information that is not readily available using such party’s existing information systems, and no party will be required to modify or create new systems to obtain or process any such required or requested Sales Tax information. We may terminate this Schedule in its entirety or with respect to any Direct Fulfillment Product or and facility from which you provide Direct Fulfillment Services (or group of Products or facilities) if we determine that the Direct Fulfillment Services or related transactions are causing or are reasonably likely to cause any adverse tax effect.
- This Section incorporates, and you, the Direct Fulfillment Products you sell and the Direct Fulfillment Services you provide will comply with, the terms, conditions, policies, guidelines, specifications, rules, and other information applicable to the Direct Fulfillment Services and accessible on the Vejii web site or through the Vendor Portal for vendors (“Vendor Site”) at the time of Direct Fulfillment Product shipment (“Program Policies”), including without limitation any updates to such Program Policies from time to time. To the extent there is a conflict between this Section and the Program Policies, the terms of this Section will control. No force majeure or similar provision excusing performance that applies generally under this Agreement will be deemed to apply to the obligation to perform the Direct Fulfillment Services.
- Consignment: If you and Vejii agree that you will provide Products pursuant to Consignment Orders, you will enter into an arrangement with Vejii pursuant to terms otherwise provided on this internal website or by separate agreement (the “Consignment Term and Conditions”). The Consignment Terms and Conditions incorporate the terms, conditions, policies, guidelines, specifications, rules, and other information set forth in these terms and conditions and in the Program Policies. To the extent there is a conflict between the Consignment Terms and Conditions and these Vendor Terms and Conditions or Program Policies, the terms of the Consignment Terms and Conditions will control.
- Product Images/Information: On an ongoing basis, you will provide us, free of charge, all current Product information, including electronic images and any Product information or warnings required by law to be disclosed in any sale or advertisement of the Product (“Product Information”). Product Information also includes any Product information collected by us from your website, or otherwise made available to us by you (or by a third party at your direction). You grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable and royalty-free license to: (a) use, copy, display, perform, and distribute the Product Information on or in connection with any online or offline point of presence, mobile application, service or feature; (b) excerpt, reformat, adapt or otherwise create derivative works of the Product Information; (c) use all trademarks or trade names included in the Product Information; and (d) sublicense any of the foregoing rights to third parties in connection with our programs or services (for example, to advertise your Products). You will promptly provide all information regarding safety, compliance or industry standards related to your Products (“Product Safety Information”) that we reasonably request.
- Representations, Warranties, and Covenants: You represent, warrant, and covenant on an ongoing basis that: (a) the Products are genuine and free from defects; (b) all materials and other items incorporated into the Products are new (not refurbished or reconditioned), unless you have received our prior written consent otherwise; (c) the Product Information, Product Safety Information, packaging, and labeling is true, accurate and complete; (d) the Products, Product Information, and our exercise of our license rights in this Agreement, will not violate any third party rights, including intellectual property rights; (e) you will comply with all applicable laws and rules relating to the Products (including obtaining and maintaining any permits or licenses required to manufacture, distribute, sell, export, import or otherwise deal in any Product), and the Products, Product Information, packaging, labeling, export, and import documentation (if applicable) will comply with all applicable laws and rules; (f) the Products may be lawfully marketed, stored, sold, distributed, and disposed of without restriction (e.g., no required disclosures, licenses, or registrations) other than any specific restrictions or prohibitions you disclose and we consent to in writing in advance of shipment to us or to our customers in the case of Direct POs; (g) no Product is, or contains ingredients that are, regulated as a controlled drug or substance, or is listed as a regulated chemical; (h) no Products will be provided to us that are regulated as a hazardous or dangerous product or material, except as you disclose to us and we consent to in writing in advance of shipment to us or to our customers in the case of Direct POs; and (i) the Products were produced, manufactured, assembled, and packaged in compliance with all applicable labor, wage, and hour laws and rules (including the U.S. Fair Labor Standards Act, if applicable), and no Products were produced, manufactured, assembled, or packaged by forced, prison or child labor (defined as age 15 or the minimum working age within the applicable jurisdiction, whichever is older); (j) the country of origin of the Products is not subject to U.S. or other applicable government sanctions that prohibit the importation of products from such country at the time of import or at the time you deliver the Products to us; (k) you and your financial institution(s) are not subject to sanctions or otherwise designated on any list of prohibited or restricted parties or owned or controlled by such a party.
- FIFRA or FDA Regulated If you sell, have sold or otherwise provide any Product to us or our customers that is a “pesticide” or other product regulated under the U.S. Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (“FIFRA”) or its implementing regulations, then you provide to us the following continuing guaranty that (a) you are a resident of the United States and your current U.S. mailing address is as indicated in your vendor account information; and (b) the pesticides and other FIFRA regulated products comprising each sale, shipment or other delivery made previously or hereafter are: (i) lawfully registered with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency at the time of sale, shipment or delivery, or fully qualified for a specific exemption from the FIFRA registration requirements at the time of sale, shipment or delivery, (ii) compliant with all requirements of FIFRA and its implementing regulations at the time of sale, shipment or delivery, and (iii) provided by you in the original, unbroken packaging.
If you provide any Product to us that is subject to the requirements of the U.S. Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, then you provide to us the following continuing guaranty: All food, drug, medical device and cosmetic Products comprising each shipment or other delivery previously or hereafter made by or on behalf of you to or in the order of us are hereby guaranteed, as of the date of such shipment or delivery, to be, on such date, not adulterated or misbranded within the meaning of the U.S. Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (“FFDCA”), and not an article which may not, under the provisions of the FFDCA, be introduced into interstate commerce.
- Product Returns; Effect of Remedies; Product Recalls and Safety Alerts: We may return or dispose of at your expense, and you will accept and reimburse us for, any Product (a) that is defective, (b) that does not conform to agreed specifications or to samples, (c) that is subject to recall or safety alert by a government authority or the Product’s manufacturer or distributor or that we otherwise reasonably determine poses a safety risk to customers, (d) that was not ordered in the applicable PO, (e) for which you fail to promptly provide Product Safety Information upon our reasonable request, or (f) that does not comply with this Agreement. You will cooperate with the return or disposal of any Products under this Section. Title and risk of loss for all Products returned under this Agreement will pass to you upon delivery by us to the carrier. Except to the extent we otherwise agree in writing, we may also return to you or dispose of any Product that is damaged; you will accept any such return and reimburse us for the Product and any cost of return or disposal. Payment of an invoice does not limit our remedies. You will provide us with immediate written notice of any Product recall or safety alert. You are responsible for costs we incur in a recall or safety alert and for providing any required notices, information, and documents to applicable authorities or that are otherwise necessary for carrying out the recall or safety alert.
- Vendor Defense and Indemnification: You will defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Vejii, its affiliated companies, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents (the “Vejii Parties”) against any third party claim, liability, loss, damage, cost or expense (including reasonable legal fees) (each, a “Claim”, and collectively, the “Claims”) incurred by any Vejii Party arising from or relating to: (a) any death of or injury to any person, damage to any property or any other damage or loss related to any Product; (b) any Product recall or safety alert; (c) any infringement or misappropriation of any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, by any Product, Product Information, or other content you provide to us; (d) your negligence or intentional misconduct; (e) your breach of this Agreement; (f) any Product-related issue for which you or we are strictly liable; or (g) your failure to state accurate Product Information, or to promptly provide accurate Product Safety Information upon our reasonable request. However, with respect to the foregoing indemnity obligations, you will not be obligated to indemnify Vejii Parties to the proportional extent the liability for a Claim is caused by the negligence or intentional misconduct of that Vejii Party as determined by a final, non-appealable order of a court having competent jurisdiction. You will not consent to the entry of a judgment or settle any Claim without the Vejii Parties’ prior written consent, which may not be unreasonably withheld. You will use counsel reasonably satisfactory to the Vejii Parties, and the Vejii Parties will cooperate in the defense at your expense. If any Vejii Party reasonably determines that any Claim might have an adverse effect on Vejii, that Vejii Party may take control of the defense at its expense (without limiting your indemnification obligations). Your obligations under this Section are independent of your other obligations under this Agreement.
- Limitation of Liability: NEITHER PARTY IS LIABLE TO THE OTHER FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, EXCEPT FOR THOSE ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR DEFENSE AND INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT.
- Shipping: Vendor shall be responsible for managing and paying for transportation of Products delivered pursuant to a Direct PO. Otherwise, the parties will agree which party is responsible for managing and paying for transportation of Products to us. Except as otherwise provided in a Consignment Order, when we pay for transportation, you will deliver the Products to the Vejii-designated carrier and title and risk of loss for the Products will pass to us when you deliver the Products to the carrier (for domestic shipments) or when the Products are cleared for export and delivered to the carrier at the port of export (for international shipments). Except as otherwise provided in a Consignment Order, when you pay for transportation, title and risk of loss for the Products will pass to us when we accept the Products. Except to the extent that we agree otherwise, you or your designated agent will be the importer or exporter of record, as applicable, on all cross-border transfers, returns, and other shipments of Products between you and us, will not list us as the importer or exporter on any import, export or other customs documentation, and will ensure that all cross-border transfers, Product returns and other shipments comply with all import, export, and other applicable laws and regulations. Under no circumstances will we be the exporter of record for cross- border shipments of Products from you to us. As the importer and exporter of record, you or your designated agent will be responsible for payment of any taxes, duties or fees, and will be responsible for all required recordkeeping, registration, reporting, and licensing. If we expressly agree to act as the importer or exporter of record, you will prepare and submit all documents required to export Products or to bring, distribute, and sell those Products in the destination country, you represent and warrant that all documents and the information contained in such documents are complete, accurate, and up to date, and you will pay any additional fees or charges due to insufficient or incorrect documentation. We will incur no liability arising from any assistance we provide in preparing any documentation or otherwise.
- Insurance: If you provide to us any Product either directly to our customers pursuant to a Direct PO or to us pursuant to a Consignment Order, then you will obtain and maintain, at your expense, commercial general liability insurance coverage (which must include products liability coverage) of at least $1 million USD per occurrence. You must maintain your insurance coverage for 12 months after the expiration or termination of this Agreement. Your required minimum limits of insurance may be satisfied by any combination of primary and excess/umbrella liability insurance policies. You will name Vejii. and its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents as additional insureds on each insurance policy required by this Section. Each of these policy coverages will be on a primary basis with any insurance maintained by us, and our insurance shall be excess of all insurance maintained by you. You will provide us with 30 days’ advance notice of cancellation, significant modification or expiration of each policy. Upon request, you will provide a certificate of insurance and a copy of any applicable endorsement evidencing our additional insured status for each insurance policy required by this Section to Vejii. Our approval of your insurance does not relieve you of any obligations, including but not limited to your defense and indemnity obligations, even for claims over your policy limits. If you fail to perform any of your obligations in this Section, we may withhold payments owed to you until you meet these obligations.
- Confidential Information; Publicity: You will, and will cause your affiliates and employees to, (a) protect and not disclose information that is identified as confidential or that reasonably should be considered confidential to us; (b) use this information only to fulfill your obligations under this Agreement; and (c) promptly return to us or destroy this information when this Agreement terminates. This Section covers all confidential information regardless of when you receive it. You will not, without our prior written agreement, use any trademark, service mark, commercial symbol, or other proprietary right of Vejii, issue press releases or other publicity relating to Vejii or this Agreement, or refer to Vejii in promotional materials. If we authorize you to use any of our trademarks, you will comply with any Program Policies related to such use, including any trademark guidelines.
- Taxes: You may charge and we will pay applicable federal, national, state or local sales or use taxes or value added taxes that you are legally obligated to charge (“Taxes”), subject to your provision to us of an invoice that states such Taxes separately and meets the requirements for a valid tax invoice. We may provide you with an exemption certificate or equivalent information acceptable to the relevant taxing authority, in which case you will not charge or collect the Taxes covered by such certificate. We may deduct or withhold any taxes that we may be legally obligated to deduct or withhold from any amounts payable to you under this Agreement, and payment to you as reduced by such amounts will constitute full payment and settlement to you of amounts payable under this Agreement. You will provide us with any forms, documents, or certifications required for us to satisfy any information reporting or withholding tax obligations with respect to any payments under this Agreement.
- Choice of Law; Dispute Resolution: This Agreement is governed by the U.S. Federal Arbitration Act, applicable U.S. federal law, and Delaware state law, without reference to any applicable conflict of laws rules, the Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, or any local laws implementing the Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods in any jurisdiction where the Products are sold. Any dispute arising out of this Agreement will be resolved by binding arbitration, rather than in court. To begin an arbitration proceeding, you must send a letter requesting arbitration and describing your claim to our registered agent 2093 Philadelphia Pike #4859, Claymont, Delaware, 19703. The arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (AAA) under its rules, including the AAA’s Commercial Arbitration Rules. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA’s rules. Arbitration conducted in person will be in New York, New York or at another mutually agreed location; however, you may choose to have the arbitration conducted by telephone or based on written submissions. You and we each agree that any dispute resolution proceedings will be conducted only on an individual basis and not in a class, consolidated or representative action. If for any reason a claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration you and we each waive any right to a jury trial. You and we also both agree that you or we may bring suit in court to enjoin infringement or other misuse of intellectual property rights.
- Other: Either party may terminate this Agreement with 30 days’ prior written notice. Regardless of any termination, you will fulfill all POs you accept before the effective date of termination. Section 2 (Direct Fulfillment), Section 3 (Consignment), Section 4 (Product Images/Information), Section 5 (Representations, Warranties, and Covenants), Section 6 (FIFRA or FDA Regulated), Section 7 (Products Returns; Effect of Remedies; Product Recalls), Section 8 (Vendor Defense and Indemnification), Section 9 (Limitation of Liability); Section 11 (Insurance); Section 12 (Confidential Information; Publicity), and Section 13 (Miscellaneous) will survive termination. You will not assign this Agreement, or any obligation or right (including any right to payment) in the Agreement, without our prior written consent. Our estimates or forecasts are non-binding. We may either withhold and setoff, or demand payment of, any sums you owe us, including any Taxes that we are legally required to withhold from amounts we pay you. We may withhold payment if you have not sent us an appropriate invoice in accordance with the Program Policies. If you do not dispute the amounts we pay you (including amounts we withhold or setoff) within 90 days after such payment (or any shorter period specified in a Program Policy, Additional Terms, or PO), the payment amount will become final and you may not challenge or otherwise object to such payment amount. During the term of this Agreement and for 2 years after its termination, we may request and you will provide copies of your financial records reasonably necessary to verify any transactions related to this Agreement. If you do not respond within a reasonable period after receiving a records verification request, we may deduct any amount we reasonably believe to be due from amounts we pay to you. The parties’ rights and remedies under this Agreement are cumulative. Either party’s failure to enforce any provision will not be a waiver of the party’s rights to subsequently enforce the provision. If any provision is held to be invalid, then that provision will be modified to the extent necessary to make it enforceable, and any invalidity will not affect the remaining provisions. This Agreement incorporates, and you will, and the Products you sell to us will, comply with, the terms, conditions, policies, guidelines, rules and other information (“Program Policies”) on this website, and any other Additional Terms, including any updates to such Program Policies or Additional Terms from time to time. To the extent there is a conflict between this Agreement, the Program Policies, any Additional Terms or a PO, the conflict will be resolved by giving precedence in the order specified in such documents, or if not specified, the following order: this Agreement, the Program Policies, the applicable Additional Terms, and the applicable PO. You may use standard business forms or other communications (such as invoices, confirmations or shipping documents), but use of these forms is for convenience only and will not alter or supersede the provisions of this Agreement, any of our Program Policies, Additional Terms, or POs. Email we send to any email address you have on file with us or that you have otherwise designated will constitute notice from Vejii. This Agreement, including the Program Policies and any Additional Terms, is the entire agreement between Vejii and Vendor for the purchase and sale of Products, and supersedes all prior agreements and discussions. The parties expressly agree that this English language version of this Agreement (including all Program Policies, Additional Terms, and additional terms incorporated by reference or otherwise relating to this Agreement) is definitive and that in the event of any dispute or controversy as to the proper interpretation and construction of this Agreement, the English version will prevail. Any versions provided in other languages are for reference purposes only.
- Revisions; Continued Use: We reserve the right to change any of the terms of this Agreement, including the terms of any materials incorporated herein (unless otherwise specified by us in such materials), at any time and in our sole discretion. Any changes will be effective upon the earlier to occur of: (a) emailing the revised terms, or notice of such changes, to you at your e-mail address; or (b) posting the revised terms on this website. You are responsible for reviewing any revised terms, and any notices of revisions. YOUR CONTINUED ACCEPTANCE OF PURCHASE ORDERS OR CONTINUED USE OF THIS WEBSITE FOLLOWING OUR E-MAILING OR POSTING OF ANY REVISED TERMS, OR ANY NOTICE OF ANY SUCH REVISIONS, WILL CONSTITUTE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE REVISIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ANY CHANGES TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE PROGRAM POLICIES, YOU MUST STOP ACCEPTING PURCHASE ORDERS AND STOP USING THIS WEBSITE, AND GIVE US WRITTEN NOTICE.